All students who join us at Stratford Girls' Grammar School can benefit from our sixth form enrichment programme. We see your time in the sixth form as a period of time when you can try out new things, hone existing skills, develop your talents and broaden your knowledge and understanding. Our enrichment offer is layered: it is no one particular activity but a breadth of opportunities that enrich who you are and what you are capable of doing, for example;
- through a lesson that goes beyond the specification and asks you to think about or consider alternative ideas or topics
- through curriculum trips that extend or support your a-level subjects
- through extra-curricular trips that allow you to explore sites and/or countries that go beyond your normal day-to-day routine
- through curriculum enrichment on a Wednesday afternoon when Years 12 and 13 come together to participate in or lead fun activities for the sixth form community
- through a regular weekly work placement and annual week work placement
- through our Stretch & Challenge Programme where you can choose a particular subject interest that you would like to pursue in addition to your a-levels
- through your House membership such as shared tutor group activities, assemblies and house competitions
- through our Speaker Programme which allows you access to some quite extraordinary people
- through our Careers Programme which supports all your future ambitions
- through the array of clubs that run across the school that you can join or lead
- through sixth form leadership opportunities that train you in how to lead and develop within an organisation, as well as work with those below and above you
All of these elements are there to help you to open your mind to others ideas and work, which in turn will allow you to make the most of your time with us. These provide valuable learning experiences outside of your academic studies, broadening your skill sets and interests. Our student are strongly encourages to take advantage of wider enrichment options held over lunchtimes or after school as many of these activities involve the whole school, and therefore present additional leadership opportunities for our sixth formers.
Enrichment gives everyone a valuable experience that acts as a platform to elevate them into the competitive world of universities and employment.